Improving the helplines and hotlines post

Got an idea to help make this a better place?
Lirael
Pronouns: They or She

Re: Improving the helplines and hotlines post

Post by Lirael »

Sexually Transmitted Infections

CDC National STD Hotline (USA): 800-232-4636 or TTY 888-232-6348

Lirael

Post by Lirael »

US Military/Veterans/Families

Americans Overseas Domestic Violence Crisis Center: 866-USWOMEN (for abused Americans in military and civilian populations overseas)

DoD Safe Helpline (USA): 877-995-5247 (phone) or https://safehelpline.org/ (chat and text messsaging) (for military and civilian employees of the US Dept of Defense and their families who have experienced sexual violence)

Veterans' Crisis Line: 800-273-8255 (phone) or http://www.veteranscrisisline.net/ (chat and text messaging) (for veterans in crisis and their loved ones)

Lirael

Post by Lirael »

Youth

Childhelp National Child Abuse Hotline (USA & Canada): 800-4-A-CHILD (non-mandated-reporter child abuse hotline)

Darkness to Light National Helpline (USA): 866-FOR-LIGHT (provides resources about sexual abuse with a focus on child sexual abuse)

Fenway LGBT Peer Listening Line (USA-focused): 617-267-9001 (for LGBTQ people 25 and under)

GLBT National Youth Talkline (USA-focused): 800-246-7743 (LGBTQ peer counseling hotline for youth up to age 25)

National Runaway Safeline (USA): 800-RUN-AWAY (assistance for runaway youth, youth considering running away, and friends)

Office for Civil Rights Education Helpline (USA): 800-421-3481 (for education-related civil rights questions)

PushBack Benefits Access Project (Massachusetts, USA): 800-645-3750 x115 (rights, resources, and public benefits access assistance for teenage parents)

Stop It Now Helpline: 888-PREVENT (for children and adults affected by child sexual abuse, able to provide some assistance to offenders who want to stop their behavior)

Trevor Project: 866-488-7386 (phone), http://www.thetrevorproject.org/pages/get-help-now (chat and text messaging) (for LGBTQ youth ages 13-24)

Youth Labor Violation Hotline (USA): 866-4US-WAGE (the US government Wage & Hour Division's child/youth labor and youth worker mistreatment hotline)

Lirael

Post by Lirael »

There, done with the posts! I added a couple of hotlines/helplines that I forgot before, too.

M.J.
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by M.J. »

Thank you Lirael! This is some magnificent work you've put in! I will make sure to update this to the resource post this weekend at the latest. :)
Hi!

I tumblr at myfairytalelogic

keelyellenmarie
Pronouns: female pronouns

Post by keelyellenmarie »

This is amazing, thanks Lirael!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mooocow

Post by mooocow »

Lirael, this is super awesome! Thanks for putting in the work!

rageasaurus
Pronouns: she/her

Post by rageasaurus »

Thanks again, Lirael!

Is anyone aware of a stalking hotline in the United States? I've Googled and come up empty. (I've tried talking to a DV agency, figuring there would be a lot of overlap, and I was startled by the person's disinterest in helping me.) Thanks!