"Preferred" Pronouns & Gender

Got an idea to help make this a better place?
theleakypen
Pronouns: ve/ver/vis or they/them/theirs

"Preferred" Pronouns & Gender

Post by theleakypen »

Hey there, mods! Thanks so much for creating these forums. I'm really excited to get started using them. One thought I have--would it be possible to remove the "preferred" from the fields in the Control Panel requesting pronouns and gender identity? I know for some people pronouns and gender terms really are a preference, but for many others, it is not merely a preference, but a necessity and I think just saying "Pronouns" and "Gender" is clear enough without needing the "Preferred" there.

Not sure if I'm being clear enough. Does that make sense?
"This may not be a journey to a destination, but a path that defines itself as they walk it."

CodaSammy
Administrator
Pronouns: she, her

Re: "Preferred" Pronouns & Gender

Post by CodaSammy »

theleakypen wrote:Hey there, mods! Thanks so much for creating these forums. I'm really excited to get started using them. One thought I have--would it be possible to remove the "preferred" from the fields in the Control Panel requesting pronouns and gender identity? I know for some people pronouns and gender terms really are a preference, but for many others, it is not merely a preference, but a necessity and I think just saying "Pronouns" and "Gender" is clear enough without needing the "Preferred" there.

That's a really good point. Sure!

CodaSammy
Administrator

Post by CodaSammy »

CodaSammy wrote:
theleakypen wrote:Hey there, mods! Thanks so much for creating these forums. I'm really excited to get started using them. One thought I have--would it be possible to remove the "preferred" from the fields in the Control Panel requesting pronouns and gender identity? I know for some people pronouns and gender terms really are a preference, but for many others, it is not merely a preference, but a necessity and I think just saying "Pronouns" and "Gender" is clear enough without needing the "Preferred" there.

That's a really good point. Sure!
How's that?

theleakypen

Post by theleakypen »

Perfect! Thanks so much. :)
"This may not be a journey to a destination, but a path that defines itself as they walk it."

Vilya
Pronouns: he or they

Post by Vilya »

Hey people,

Could you make the gender box allow more characters? I couldn't fit "genderfluid transmasculine" in it ^^;

CodaSammy
Administrator

Post by CodaSammy »

Vilya wrote:Hey people,

Could you make the gender box allow more characters? I couldn't fit "genderfluid transmasculine" in it ^^;
Just trying to work out whether we can do that! Hold tight.

carbonatedwit
Pronouns: she/her

Post by carbonatedwit »

Vilya wrote:Hey people,

It should fit now!

theleakypen

Post by theleakypen »

Oh awesome! And actually, could the pronouns box fit more things as well? I put in the conjugations for ve/ver/vis, but the conjugations for they/them/theirs didn't fit after that.

carbonatedwit
Pronouns: she/her

Post by carbonatedwit »

theleakypen wrote:Oh awesome! And actually, could the pronouns box fit more things as well? I put in the conjugations for ve/ver/vis, but the conjugations for they/them/theirs didn't fit after that.
I gave you 30 characters. Let me know if that's not enough. :)

theleakypen

Post by theleakypen »

As you can see, it is now perfect. Thank you, the incompleteness was buggin' me. :)