These forums no longer work on my phone :(

If you have a technical problem or a question about the site, ask here. The admin team will also post announcements here - so check in occasionally!
llamathatducks
Pronouns: she

These forums no longer work on my phone :(

Post by llamathatducks »

For the past couple of months I've been mostly participating in these forums on my phone (Android) using Tapatalk. However, yesterday something stopped working. I can load the forums, and when I look at any given list of threads (a particular forum, or Unread, or Subscribed) I see the titles and the little preview that Tapatalk gives, but when I try to load the thread itself (any thread) I get the following error:
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Table 'friendsofcaptainawkward_.THANKS_TABLE' doesn't exist [1146]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists.
There was no update to Tapatalk between the time when the forums were working and the time when they stopped working, and based on the error message, it sounds like it may be an issue with the database?, which is why I'm coming here rather than trying to contact Tapatalk. But if it's a problem on their end I'll be happy to try and get in touch with them.

Sorry to be complaining - I love the work that all y'all admins do, it is amazing <3 I'm just missing being able to see the forums all the time!

androgynous_peacock
Pronouns: she/her/hers

Re: These forums no longer work on my phone :(

Post by androgynous_peacock »

That was happening to me too today, although then I broke my phone, sadly, so now I have no idea.
No matter the question, love is the answer.

mooocow

Post by mooocow »

I have the same problem. I reinstalled tapatalk, that didn't help. A short google search brought to light that it seems to be an issue of the forum rather than tapatalk, as other forums had and solved similar problems.

Vex
Pronouns: he/him

Post by Vex »

I'm assuming it's to do with the thanks functionality that never got fully implemented on this board, based on the error message we're getting? Maybe if that's removed, it'll stop being broken on phones. No idea why it suddenly started doing that though because that was a part of the board for a while.

gracesonnet
Pronouns: her/she

Post by gracesonnet »

I had that problem too this weekend, on an iPhone running iOS 7. I deleted TapATalk but then couldn't reinstall it from the iTunes app store. The only option was a new, $3.99 version. I downloaded that but got the same error messages so off the iPhone it went :-(
I know the mods probably don't have any control over the smartphone apps but I'm commiserating with you that it sucks.

llamathatducks
Pronouns: she

Post by llamathatducks »

Ooh it works now! I assume this has to do with the software upgrade carbonatedwit posted about. Thank you carbonatedwit for making it better!

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk