Accommodation Request To All Users

If you have a technical problem or a question about the site, ask here. The admin team will also post announcements here - so check in occasionally!
muse142
Pronouns: he, sie, zie, ze, or they

Accommodation Request To All Users

Post by muse142 »

When writing long posts, please break your text into paragraphs with at least one full line of space between them, as a single continuous wall of text can be difficult-to-impossible for some people with disabilities to read (including some people on the admin team).

If you see someone has made a wall-of-text post, please feel free to remind them of this request in-thread so they can edit their post, and/or flag the post so an admin can add spacing. Thanks all!
Twitter for chatting
Tumblr for Star Wars and cats, mostly

GoatLady
Pronouns: she/her/hers

Re: Accommodation Request To All Users

Post by GoatLady »

The animated gifs post is locked for replies, but I wanted to ask that you consider replacing "special needs" with "disabilities".

"Special needs" implies that there are normal, reasonable needs, which the normies have, and then these weird special freakish needs, which disabled people have.

It's also a term a lot of us find demeaning and infantilizing, as well as othering.

Thanks.
If there's a problem the judicious application of goats won't fix, I don't want to know about it.

M.J.
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Accommodation Request To All Users

Post by M.J. »

Hey Goat Lady,

Thanks for pointing that out, I've edited the post in question. / mod out
Hi!

I tumblr at myfairytalelogic