Write our new anti harassment-policy!

If you have a technical problem or a question about the site, ask here. The admin team will also post announcements here - so check in occasionally!
M.J.
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Write our new anti harassment-policy!

Post by M.J. »

Hey folks,

In response to the suggestion by tbac I understand why it sounds appealing. It seems like the combination of the best of two systems, right?

Speaking as someone who would be part of implementing this system it looks a tad more complicated from the inside. First of all the technology of the forum isn't as malleable as we'd like it to be and there are still other technological requests that we have been unable to provide (such as hiding threads and getting the thank-you system to work). I'm not the foremost expert on tech on board but creating a toggle option like tbac mentioned that is useable by the admod team is going to be difficult and time-consuming, if we can figure out how to do it. If we can't that would mean that we would have to create a manual list and update it manually and that is a dauntingly large amount of work to put in relative to what you get out of it.

Given that we also don't know which demographics people on the forum represent (and I doubt we are going to try and collect this information due to privacy reasons) I'm open to suggestions on how to encourage as wide a demographic spread as possible.
Hi!

I tumblr at myfairytalelogic

M.J.
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Write our new anti harassment-policy!

Post by M.J. »

Not at all! We love to hear your thoughts and suggestions! And it's really difficult to know what is easy to make happen from a tech pov if you're not familiar with the backend of it, so don't be worried about throwing out suggestions. :)
Hi!

I tumblr at myfairytalelogic